Today "the most complete code review tool for Team System" surpassed the 2K download mark. Yesterday we published the 9th release of TeamReview to add some nice-to-have features out-lined below. You may have noticed I said "we published" instead of "I published" in the last sentence. One of the things I am most proud of, and most excited about is that 2 new contributors recently joined and have started making some great changes. Somehow going from just one guy with a far-fetched idea hacking out some code to now being part of a team of 4 developers delivering on the product's vision makes this open source project seem more real. Maybe it's my perspective, but at least to me it feels like a "bigger" open source project with a brighter future than before.
The cherry on top of all the fore-mentioned positives is that TeamReview will be celebrating it's first birthday on April 8th! It's hard for me to believe it's been a year, time flies when you're having fun.
Here are the features in yesterday's release to make TeamReview an even better product.
- A packaged VSTS 2010 install
- Support for DB Projects
- More support for Solution Items and projects within Solution folders
- Form fields are sorted logically
- The New Code Review Response form is re-sizable
- The New Code Review Response form will show in the same position and size as last used during that Visual Studio "session"
- The Code Review Replay form is updated with values when work items are edited and saved.
- The grid in the Code Review Replay form is sortable
- A few minor bug fixes